The Transition Year (TY) is a one-year programme that forms the first year of a three-year senior cycle in St Oliver Post Primary School . It is designed to act as a bridge between the Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate programmes. It is available to all second level schools and currently approximately 75% of schools offer the programme.
Transition Year is optional for students in St Oliver Post Primary School. It has been highly successful and popular in our school to date. Students apply for transition year in March of their Junior Certificate year (3rd year).
If you are interested in knowing more, click here which will bring you to our Attendance and Participation Policy, which includes our Transition Year enrolment policy, and a sample application form.
For those pupils who are enrolled in Transition Year 2020-2021, please click on the relevant links below to access important information about TY and Work Experience:
- Click here for TY General Information Letter from Ms McStay,
- Click here for Information on TY External Specific Programmes,
- Click here for Letter to Employers re Work Experience,
- Click here for School Insurance Letter for Work Experience Employers,
- Click here for Employers Details Form,
- Click here for Guidelines for Completing a Work Experience Diary, and
- Click here for a Sample Work Experience Diary.